Opening a bank account

It would be ideal to have a Dutch bank account in order to deposit your first salary from your new job! The Netherlands is home to some of the world’s largest banks, ABN-AMRO, ING, Rabobank, and SNS, to name a few.  Some of these banks offer a full range of services in English, including app, translated manuals, and ATM’s all over the country.

Read Opening a bank account

Relocating to the Netherlands [infographic]

Relocating to a new country can be stressful and time-consuming, which is why the Abroad Experience team is determined to make your relocation as efficient and worry-free as possible. Below we have put together an essential relocation checklist to help you make sure you’ve ticked all the boxes to start your new life.

Read Relocating to the Netherlands [infographic]

Residence permit [infographic]

Citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland

If you are an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen, you do not need a residence permit to stay in the Netherlands if your stay is based on the EC Treaty. Your passport (or ID document) from the country of which you hold the nationality is evidence enough that you are permitted to stay in the Netherlands. You are not required to register with the IND.

Citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland fall under the laws and regulations of the EU, EEA and the treaty between the EU and Switzerland. These regulations are different from Dutch national law.

Read Residence permit [infographic]

Dutch Taxes

Tax Information line

This is a quick insight to Dutch Taxes, where they come from, why your paying them, and how to go about them when working through Abroad Experience. The general information telephone number of the tax office only provides information in Dutch. You can contact them for all kinds of questions regarding tax matters and other subjects that you come across while living in the Netherlands. Their telephone number (from The Netherlands) is: 0800 0543

When you call this number, but you cannot not speak Dutch (yet), please ask the operator to transfer you to an English speaking colleague!

Read Dutch Taxes

Dutch work permit

If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss national, you do not need a work permit to work legally in The Netherlands. Applicants who do not have the EU/EEA/Swiss nationality or are from Croatia will require a valid Dutch work permit (tewerkstellingsvergunning, or TWV). 

Read Dutch work permit