Dutch work permit

If you are an EU/EEA/Swiss national, you do not need a work permit to work legally in The Netherlands. Applicants who do not have the EU/EEA/Swiss nationality or are from Croatia will require a valid Dutch work permit (tewerkstellingsvergunning, or TWV). 

KU273L0WTWThere are a variety of work permits that you may fall under, if you wish to work in the Netherlands whether it’s temporary or permanent. Please be aware that Abroad Experience and our client do not assist in applying for a work permit. As a result, we can only consider your application if you are already in possession of a valid work permit or if you are in the process of receiving one very shortly.

These are the types of work permit’s which our recruitment agency and clients consider:

  • EU Citizens – As mentioned before, EU/EEA/Swiss nationals do not require a work permit to work legally in the Netherlands.
  • Dutch Citizens – There are three ways to acquire Dutch citizenship: by means of naturalization, option procedure, or by law (birth or family ties).
  • Family – You are able to stay in the Netherlands when you are married or in a registered relationship, should you wish to stay with your unmarried partner or are a minor who wishes to stay with your parent(s)
  • Highly Skilled Migrant – In order to receive this permit, you will need a residence permit or provisional residence permit (mvv).  Only a recognized employer is able to submit an application on behalf of the highly skilled migrant.

You can read more about policies and procedures on the Immigration Department website.

Abroad Experience BV is an international recruitment agency which offers unique career opportunities to multilingual job seekers. See our vacancies.

abroad experience

Leave a Reply

Related blogs

Share this page

Quick Job Search


  • Stay up to date.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.