The Data Analytics Specialist reports to the Director, Analytics and Innovation and is responsible for support of Professional Services Cold Chain monitoring programs through providing actionable analytics and general support. Program analytics involves understanding the data and business, and working with the data to help the customer improve their cold chain through ad hoc and scheduled reports consisting of data visualizations and written interpretations of the data.
He/She will provide direct support to Program Managers associated with daily tasks required to maintain and manage ongoing temperature monitoring programs. This involves evaluating and maintaining quality databases for customer programs, coordinating activities between departments, communicating with product suppliers or distribution centers, and general program support. It involves participating in a cross-functional team including data management associates, data analysts, project and program managers, industrial engineers, food scientists, and field technicians.
Daily contact with Professional Services team members is required, in person and by phone and email. There is frequent contact with customers (both internal and external) by phone or email. Interaction includes a wide range of customer types and team members with varied backgrounds and perspectives. Maintaining cold chain data and confirming accuracy in large customer databases is a must. Active participation in a team environment is required.
- Verifying program data integrity is maintained and validated
- Constructing Cold Chain Analytics reports for a variety of customer types
- Training internal and external customers
- Deploying and maintaining proprietary tools to support programs
- Use of a ticketing system to prioritize and complete tasks
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Applied analytical/statistical skills desired
- Aptitude for technology
- Experience with serving customer needs and requirements
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant work experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Strong multitasking skills desired
- Advanced Level of Microsoft Excel (must be comfortable with Pivot Tables, vlookups, advanced formulas and writing macros desired)
- Experience with Data Visualizations tools (Tableau, Power BI) desired
- Basic SQL/R/Python experience desired
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a continuously changing environment