The Account Manager is responsible for revenue creation, execution and developing client accounts. The Account Manager oversees a specific client base using goal oriented planning and execution to achieve revenue targets and objectives.
Role Priorities include:
- Client focused, consultative “solution based” sales approach
- Client engagement
- Contract development and closure
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Selling the company’s offering of integrated information management systems and devices
- Responsible for developing vertical sales opportunities in existing accounts as well as securing new business from a client base in the Life Science industry
- Develop strategic plans, together with the Life Sciences Regional Sales Manager, for large multi-national accounts and implement them in order to meet and exceed the sales goals of the territory;
- Act as primary communication conduit between the customer and the company;
- Collaborate, as necessary, with sales colleagues in other regions and geographies in support of harmonized global account management.
- Actively manage QBRs / regular business reviews with larger accounts in the territory.
- Assist management in defining future market needs through direct collaboration with the Product Marketing Management team;
- Provide rolling forecast of projected sales on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Conversant command of the global regulatory and standards-based guidance for storage, handling, and distribution of temperature-sensitive medicinal products;
- Working with marketing to develop programmes which assist in creating powerful tools for sales, as well as techniques to optimize the sales cycle;
- Participate in relevant trade events and congresses.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or other related discipline;
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated sales experience within the Life Sciences market, promoting the sales of consumables, equipment and/or services; alternatively, previous experience in the distribution/transportation and/or packaging industries may be considered;
- Demonstrated ability to deal with and be successful in highly complex, multi-divisional customer account structures;
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of an organization; Fluency in English and Dutch, both written and spoken is a must; Knowledge of additional European languages is highly desired but not essential;
- Strong systems skills and knowledge of MS Office applications; and use of SalesForce.com;
- Confident and target-oriented individual with the desire to delight the customer;
- Self-starter with solid organization skills, attention to detail and exemplary time management skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the assigned territory (up to 70%) as well as to the company’s EMEA office in the Leiden area, occasional intercontinental travel on a case-by-case basis.
- In possession of exemplary ethical standards and business practices.