The Manager is responsible for the accurate, compliant and timely payroll and related necessary legal requirements such as social securities and taxes for 19 European countries. The Manager works closely with the Human Resources, Compensation & Benefits, Operations and Payroll Accounting (GL) departments on all payroll related issues. In addition the Manager is responsible for payroll vendor management and payroll vendor cost control. The Manager provides leadership and strategic direction to a team of on-site and remote payroll supervisors and coordinators (16 FTE).
- Provide leadership and management to payroll team, including goal setting, performance assessment, counselling and ongoing training and development
- Ensuring the timely, compliant and accurate payment of multi-country payroll processing
- Relationship management with payroll vendors and ensure payroll vendor cost control
- Liaise with the HR and C&B teams on issues, policy changes, legal and regulatory requirements
- Keep up to date with changes in social security and tax requirements and monitor the effect of these changes on the company and inform other departments when necessary.
- Manage the expatriate shadow payroll and related processes
- Comply with all internal control procedures and SOX requirement and improve (SOX) internal controls and process flowcharts when necessary.
- Act as strategic partner, who monitors and anticipates on changes that impact both the payroll and business needs and requirements. Continuous assessment of payroll related process improvement opportunities
- Assist in finalizing Pan European Payroll project (transfer to one system and one vendor) by providing assistance on formulating requirements based on current processes, testing the new system and updating manuals
- Participate and prepare for internal and external audits
- Bachelor / HBO level Education in Business related studies
- At least 10 years work experience in a managerial payroll position, having gained a high level of functional knowledge, knowledge of international and industry standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence internal/external parties. Clear and effective communications skills. Team player with service-oriented attitude
- Analytical thinker who understands processes
- Fluent spoken and written English. Knowledge of other European languages is a plus
- Pro-active, well organized and flexible
- Receptive to new ideas
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- PeopleSoft experience is a plus