The Master Data Specialist is responsible to enter and maintain accurate product item master data.. The Data Specialist is expected to manage data entry, corrections and updates, and ongoing maintenance of all product item master data, including supplier, item, logistics, and QA details. The Specialist is expected to communicate with designated suppliers or other external stakeholders to follow through on data requests. The Data Specialist is expected to maintain data quality throughout the processes to ensure accurate data flows and reporting.
- Enter and/or edit the product item master data in the client’s application.
- Maintain accuracy of all data entry and updates.
- Proactively communicate with suppliers or other stakeholders to collect timely data.
- Assist in analysis of collected data, as needed.
- Provide support for issues, as requested.
- Participate in Unit continuous improvement activities.
Professional and Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, business, data management, information technology, or related field, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 2+ years’ business experience, preferably in the international procurement and/or supply chain industries.
- Experienced in using MS Excel, data entry applications (e.g., enterprise resource planning systems, statistical data entry packages)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to gather and maintain data.
- Familiarity with global supply chain management is a plus.
- Fluency in English is required, including reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Interpersonal skills with customer service experience; and an ability to work across disciplines and in diverse locations internationally.
- Affinity for identifying and championing new ideas and process improvements.
Priority Setting, Problem Solving, & Detail Orientation
- Ability to approach a problem from different cultural perspectives; and be aware and mindful of cultural differences.
- Detailed-oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work in a team with diverse cultural backgrounds.