- Ensure that all commodities ordered meet the procurement and quality policy on product, availability, and other product’s quality consideration.
- Manage the timely procurement process, as appropriate per project, including: research the market, prepare and issue RFP’s, purchase orders, negotiations, and administration of awards, working with QA, Product Technical, and Sourcing & Contracts Units.
- Maintain constant awareness of and alignment with the latest relative health program and/or product developments.
- Act as a liaison with the Logistics Unit to ensure smooth progression of required changes to orders.
- Proactively identify issues with day-to-day ordering processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed.
- Lead the troubleshooting of supplier and/or order-related challenges and define and implement corrective action in case of irregularities.
- Lead/Coordinate team functions and performance as required.
Client Relationship Management:
- Provide proactive customer service while working with a client account manager to service the customer or (senior) act as primary point of contact for customers.
- Work collaboratively with the suppliers, Client Account Manager, internal and external units, and partner organisations on procurement issues, as determined by contract.
- Ensure products are delivered in accordance with purchase order terms and conditions, working collaboratively with Logistics Unit.
- Proactively identify procurement activities potentially impacting the project’s ability to perform its duties and advise the necessary stakeholders.
- Manage all procurement-related incidents; log incident into incident Management System, provide inputs for incident investigation and contribute to the resolution within incident set timelines.
- Maintain system-related changes required on price estimates, price quotes and/or purchase orders throughout the procurement process in coordination with Client Account Manager, funder/client, and/or Logistics Specialists.
- Maintain and update ERP system at an order level to ensure internal data accuracy and external reporting are optimal.
- Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures; and identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Perform procurement duties in a transparent and ethical manner.
- Identify/Seek opportunities for improvements in the operational processes and daily activities.
- Oversee day to day execution and act as an escalation point for exceptions for the Procurement Specialists; coach and mentor team members and support team member development and training in good procurement practice.
- Act as the subject matter expert by developing and sharing procurement and order fulfillment knowledge.
- Provide input into RFI and RFP responses, as requested.
- Manage projects as needed to enhance operational work flows and procurement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, public health, or other related area or equivalent experience.
- 3+years’ health/pharmaceuticals procurement experience.
- Experience with international donor agencies and/or national health programs preferred.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
- Experience in the international health/pharmaceuticals sector a plus.
- Experience working in a developing country a plus.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferably advanced user level of Excel.
- Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed.
- Previous client relations or customer service experience required.
- Fluency in English is required, another business language (French, Spanish) is a plus.