You will be the first point of contact to recommend the company’s materials and understand customer’s processes to identify new opportunities, projects and applications. You will interface on a regular basis with customers, suppliers, sales, customer service and all other departments to design, qualify and scale up new/improved products. Sales growth from these new products/projects is the key measure of success. You will develop a well-rounded understanding of the company through hands on participation, formal training and experiential learning in collaboration with the departments mentioned above.
You will build relationships with company’s personnel in Europe, Asia and the US through daily on the job interface, participation in diverse responsibilities, and through teamwork in problem solving efforts.
- Bachelor Degree with specialisation in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or commensurate qualification
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Must speak multiple languages including English and German or French. Dutch would be desirable
- Must be flexible, analytical and learning orientated.
- Like to travel for business throughout Europe and occasionally to the US
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to apply problem solving methods and contribute in a collaborative team environment.
- Flexible in taking on new assignments and openness to learning.
- Strong sense of scientific methodology and how to apply that approach to a business environment
- Good organisational skills.
- Work well in a team environment
- Periodic travel to customers, suppliers, other company locations and industry trade shows.